To solve the lack of drone regulation which has had officials up in arms (don’t fly your drone at a wildfire scene, you guys. Just don’t do it.), researchers have come up with the LightCense, which are LED lights that are mounted underneath a drone. The LightCense flashes a light pattern that can be decoded by a phone app or specific camera, meant to uniquely identify each drone, linking that drone to its rightful owner.
Though this sounds great and all, we couldn’t help but envision actual drone license plates. You know, like car license plates. That is why we compiled a list of drone license plate numbers that should exist, regardless of the LightCense, which, though is a huge step for technology, isn’t as fun as making up drone license plate numbers. Yes. We do have a lot of time on our hands.
1. For any drone flyers looking to start some street drone racing tournament.
2. Say it loud and proud.
3. For the romantic types.
4. Because a drone’s GHz number is what really matters.
5. Camera drones deserve their own license plate glory. Everyone knows that.
6. Dad’s need drone love too.
7. The only motto to live by.