Out of Stock
5 Rating (0 Customer Reviews)
Save: $40.00 (14%)
Save: $31.04 (67%)
Save: $39.04 (39%)
Save: $40.04 (57%)
Save: $39.04 (39%)
Save: $55.00 (55%)
Save: $60.00 (13%)
Save: $17.04 (41%)
Save: $33.04 (83%)
Save: $22.04 (73%)
Save: $35.05 (70%)
Save: $14.54 (65%)
Save: $31.00 (76%)
Save: $28.00 (68%)
Save: $32.00 (76%)
Model Number: TRX72074-1
The Traxxas Summit VXL sets the standard for top-of-the line RC racing. This beast comes packed to the brim with all the best features. Capable of reaching speeds of 25+ MPH right out of the box, with the included battery and Velineon® brushless power system, you'll be tearing up the terrain at breakneck speeds. But its doesn't stop there! Optimized for all-terrain excitement, the unique inboard Revo suspension is equipped with long-travel rockers for maximum ground clearance and traction over rough terrain. When we say "all-terrain" we mean it, the Summit VXL is built with fully waterproof electronics to keep the fun rolling through mud, puddles, snow, you name it! Totally ready-to-run right out of the box with no assembly acquired, the Traxxas Summit VXL 1:16 4WD 2.4GHz Brushless Electric RC Monster Truck is the perfect ride for RC enthusiasts. What are you waiting for? Get yours today!
Trail-Ready Styling With Realistic ExoCage:
- Hardcore full-size off-roaders protect their rigs with external roll cages, and Summit VXL follows suit with its rugged ExoCage. The flexible, bolt-on cage provides functional protection and incorporates tough-looking fender flares and a realistic light bar to complete Summit VXL's trail-ready look.
2.2" Geode Wheels and Canyon AT Tires:
- Dirt, mud, snow...no matter where you run Summit VXL, you can count on it to dig in hard with its aggressive Canyon AT tires. The multi-terrain tread features large, angular lugs that dig in to get brushless horsepower to the ground for powerful acceleration and all-terrain traction. Tough 2.2" Geode chrome wheels support the tires with molded-in "beadlock" rings that are matched to the body color for custom style
Velineon® VXL-3m ESC:
- Three Programmable Drive Profiles:
- Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode - Forward / Brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
- Integrated on/off switch
- EZ-Set one-button setup
- Large heat sink
- High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
- Built-in two-stage low-voltage detection for LiPo batteries
- NiCd and NiMH battery packs: 6-12 cells (7.2 to 14.4 volts)
- LiPo battery packs: 2-3 cells (7.4 to 11.1 volts)
Velineon® 380 Brushless Motor:
- Powerful 8-turn, 4000kv design
- Optimized for smooth sensorless power
- No motor brushes or commutator to wear out
- Virtually maintenance free power that stays consistent, run after run
- Precision balanced rotor
- Ultra high-temperature sintered Neodymium motor magnets
- Gold-plated 3.5mm bullet connectors
Precision 2.4GHz Control:
- With the TQ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ's ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. To customize the controls, the transmitter's factory servo directions can be easily reversed using the TQ's simple programming system.
Ball-Bearing Transmission with Slipper Clutch:
- Built from the start for hard-hitting brushless horsepower, 1:16 Summit VXL's high-efficiency, heavy-duty transmission is designed for full-throttle fun with precision ball bearings and high-strength gears. An adjustable slipper clutch lets you tailor power delivery to suit the terrain and your driving style, and makes certain every watt of Velineon power is turned into pure performance.
Sealed Silicone-Filled Differentials:
- An industry first! Only Traxxas offers the superior power-handling and tuning capability of sealed differentials in 1:16 scale. The heavy-duty, steel-gear diffs are factory-filled with premium silicone fluid to prevent unloading and maintain maximum traction and control. It's a Traxxas innovation you won't find on any other mini-model.
Pivot Ball Suspension:
- 1:16 Summit VXL features pivot-ball suspension for smooth suspension articulation and easy adjustment. Rubber-sealed ball bearings ward off dirt and debris as they increase precision and reduce friction, and the oversized 8x12mm inboard bearings maximize durability. For extra security, the heavy-duty axle carriers are designed so the universal-joint axles' crosspins are captured by the inner bearingsâ€”another example of Traxxas' attention to every detail.
- 1:16 Summit VXL is fully equipped with telescoping, universal-joint axles for optimum drivetrain efficiency and maximum power transfer. The true-curvilinear spline design operates freely, and the oversized U-joints set the standard for strength and high-power durability.
Patented Traxxas High-Current Connectors:
- The Velineon Brushless Power System comes equipped with the patented Traxxas High-Current Connector. Designed to handle high-current applications, the patented Traxxas Connector effortlessly funnels the battery's total power to the electronics, keeping things running cool and at full capacity.
- Mud. Water. Snow. 1:16 Summit VXL's waterproof electronics and fully sealed receiver box let you make tracks in conditions that leave other trucks parked at home. Traxxas' innovative, ground-breaking waterproof receiver box puts 1:16 Summit VXL in a league of its own. The antenna and servo wires route neatly through a special watertight seal (patent pending). To protect the receiver from dust and water a custom shaped blue O-ring seals the receiver box. Thanks to the unique design, the receiver can be removed for service and even aftermarket receivers can be used, without losing the sealing properties of the box.
Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo:
- Small but powerful, the 1:16 Summit VXL's 2080 servo cranks out 41.7 oz.-in. of tire-turning torque with digital circuitry for responsive controlâ€”even in water, mud and snow, thanks to its o-ring-sealed waterproof construction.
Dual Battery Compartments:
- 1:16 Summit VXL tops 25mph with its included 6-cell Power Cell NiMH battery packâ€”but that's just the beginning of Summit VXL's speed story. The chassis' dual battery compartments let you add a second NiMH battery pack and Traxxas series connector (both sold separately) for 14.4 volts of power. Install the included "speed pinion," and top speed jumps to 40+mph. All of this incredible performance comes with safe, inexpensive NiMH power!
Traxxas Power Cell Series 1 NiMH Battery Pack:
- The 1:16 Summit VXL is fully assembled and Ready-To-Race® with an included Power Cell NiMH battery and charger. Designed specifically for the high-power needs of the Velineon brushless system, this potent pack features heavy-duty construction, 16-gauge wires and Traxxas' exclusive patented High-Current Connector for efficient power transfer, run after run. A convenient wall charger is also included. Everything you need to power-up is in the box.
Quick-Release Battery Doors:
- Summit uses an innovative solution for easy battery installation. Quick-release battery doors snap open and closed in seconds for fast and easy battery installation. There are no clips to lose in the field, and fast battery changes during pit stops let you spend more time on the trail and less time on the bench.
Battery Compartment Vents:
- Resembling the exhaust ducts of a turbine powered jet, the futuristic battery vents are securely mounted on the chassis. In addition to offering entrance and exit cooling, the oversized openings incorporate latches that insert into the battery door clasps. The battery compartment vents symbolize the sleek and high-tech image that places Traxxas 1:16 scale vehicles in a class all their own.
Long Travel Suspension:
- Summit VXL is equipped with Long Travel rockers to deliver over 50mm of suspension articulation for bump and jump handling capability far beyond that of any "mini" truck. Tunable damping rates, independent ride height adjustment, and the absolute highest level of control for any situation give Summit VXL total control of any terrain.
Oil-Filled GTR Shocks™:
- 1:16 Summit VXL's super-smooth oil-filled shocks damp the suspension and maintain control no matter how rugged the terrain. They are fully tuneable and include pressure bladders for air/oil separation and threaded spring pre-load collars for quick ride height adjustments.
- A defining feature of the Summit, expertly executed in 1:16 scaleâ€”the unique Revo®-Spec suspension places the shocks inboard on the chassis, away from dirt and debris, and amplifies the shocks travel for incredible off-road capability without the weight of extra-long shocks. Installed Long-Travel rockers provide linear travel; optional Progressive rockers are available to tune the Summit VXL with damping and spring rates that increase as the suspension is compressed.
Rubber-Sealed Ball Bearings:
- Precision rubber-sealed bearings offer the ultimate in low-friction performance and maximum protection in dirty environments. They are used in all exposed locations on the truck and are virtually maintenance free.
- Pro-quality, high-grade, metric hex-drive hardware is used throughout for extra strength, and easy maintenance and repair. The black-oxide rust-resistant finish provides a high tech-look and feel.
Fully Customizable With Traxxas Factory Options:
- Designed and engineered for lasting performance, high precision, superior durability and unbeatable style, genuine Traxxas options for 1:16 Summit VXL are the perfect way tailor your truck to the track, or just add the unique touches that make it your own. From red-anodized toe links and pushrods to hard-anodized shock bodies, Traxxas offers a wide range of performance parts for the 1:16 Summit VXL. Visit the accessories page to see the full line of 1:16 Summit VXL accessories.
- TQ 2.4GHz transmitter
- Race-winning, F1-inspired Revo® suspension technology and E-Revo integrated chassis design, perfectly optimized for 1:16 scale
- Powered by the Velineon® Brushless Power System
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Velineon VXL-3m Electronic Speed Control:
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode â€“ Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode â€“ Forward / Brake
- Patented Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
- Velineon 380 Brushless Motor:
- High-performance sensorless design
- High-strength Neodymium magnets
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- Gold-plated 3.5mm bullet connectors
- Digital High-Torque Waterproof Micro Steering Servo
- Waterproof, o-ring sealed receiver box
- Sealed, silicone-filled differentialsâ€”an industry first in 1/16 scale
- Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
- Heavy-duty CV-style driveshafts
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Installed Long Travel Rockers for maximum suspension articulation
- Extended-wheelbase rear suspension arms (+10mm)
- Rocker-actuated shocks provide true progressive damping and spring rates
- Threaded-body, oil-filled shocks permit fast, precise preload adjustments and deliver smooth, consistent damping
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Integrated battery compartments with intake and exit cooling vents
- Quick-release battery doors for fast pack changes
- Scale all-terrain front and rear tires offer superior on- and off-road traction
- Pre-glued Canyon AT™ Tires with foam inserts
- Chrome Geode 2.2" wheels with beadlock trim
- ExoCage body with protective outer cage
- "LED ready" bumpers
- Full line of genuine Traxxas accessories available
- 1:16 Summit VXL is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
- Traxxas Summit VXL 1:16 4WD 2.4GHz Brushless RTR Electric RC Monster Truck
- 2.4GHz Transmitter
- Velineon® 380 motor
- VXL-3m Electronic Speed Control
- 7.2V NiMH Traxxas Power Cell Battery with iD
- 2amp DC Fast Charger
- Quality Tool Set
VXL-3m Waterproof ESC Specifications:
- Input voltage: 6 to 12 cells NiMH, 2S to 3S LiPo
- Case Size: 26.5mm W x 46.5mm D x 22mm H
- Weight: 38 grams
- Motors: Sensorless Brushless
- Motor Limit: None
- On Resistance: 0.0005 Ohms
- PWM Frequency: 12,000Hz
- Peak Current: 326A
- Continuous Current: 52A
- BEC Voltage: 6.0V DC
- Motor / Battery Wiring: 16-Gauge Maxx® Cable
- Transistor Type: MOSFET
- Low Voltage Detection: 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
- Thermal Protection: 2-Stage thermal shutdown
- Profile selection:
- Sport Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, 100% rev.
- Race Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, no rev.
- Training Mode: 50% fwd, 100% brakes, 50% rev.
- Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®
- Battery Input Connector: Traxxas High-Current Connector
- Motor Connector: TRX 3.5mm Bullet Connectors
- Length: 12.6" (320mm)
- Front Track: 10.43" (265mm)
- Rear Track: 10.63" (270mm)
- Weight: 44oz (1.24kg)
- Height (overall): 7.48" (190mm)
- Wheelbase: 8.425" (214mm)
- Wheel Diameter: 2.2" (56mm)
- Shock Length (front/rear): 48mm / 48mm
- Front/Rear Tires (glued): Canyon AT
- Front/Rear Wheels: Geode™
- Electronic Speed Control: Waterproof Velineon® VXL-3m ESC
- Motor (electric): Velineon® 380 Brushless
- Transmission: Heavy-Duty Single Speed
- Gear Ratio (internal): 5.04:1, (reversed input: 9.72:1)
- Overall Drive Ratio: 15.75:1 (stock, out-of-box)
- Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed
- Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
- Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Composite Nylon Monocoque
- Brake Type: Electronic
- Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Steering: Bellcrank
- Radio System: TQ 2.4GHz
- Top Speed: 25+MPH (40+MPH with dual batteries - Second battery not included)
- Skill Level: 2
- Vehicle: 7.2V NiMH Traxxas Power Cell Battery with iD (Included)
- Transmitter: 4 AA Batteries (Not Included)
- Charger: 2amp DC Fast Charger (Included)
For questions regarding this product please email our friendly customer service team.