Airsoft Safety Tips
Hobbytron's Airsoft Safety Rules
Congratulations on your new Airsoft gun! Airsoft is an exciting and fun sport for people of all ages, but like any sport, there are some rules you must keep in mind when playing. If the right precautions arenâ€™t taken, Airsoft can be dangerous and even deadly in certain circumstances. The most important thing to remember about Airsoft is, SAFETY FIRST!
- Treat all Airsoft guns as if they are real guns. Even the weakest Airsoft Guns have ability to injure, maim and kill people or animals.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Never point your Airsoft gun at anything except your target.
- Always keep your Airsoft gun unloaded and your magazine out of the chamber until it is ready to use. If your Airsoft gun has a safety, make sure it is always enabled when not in use.
- Donâ€™t be like Ralphie and shoot your eye out, always wear proper eye protection! Safety glasses and goggles are great but full face masks are highly recommended.
- Only fire your Airsoft gun in designated Airsoft shooting areas. Never take or use your Airsoft gun to public areas like parks or schools. If you need to bring your Airsoft gun somewhere, carry it in an Airsoft gun bag.
- Make sure your Airsoft gun has an orange tip. This shows people that it is an Airsoft gun and not a real firearm. If a law enforcement officer approaches you while you are using Airsoft guns, immediately COMPLY FULLY WITH THE OFFICER'S INSTRUCTIONS and STAND STILL. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SHOW THE POLICE OFFICER YOUR GUNâ€™S "ORANGE TIP". If the gun is in your hand, drop it immediately.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you need permission from a parent or guardian to buy and use Airsoft guns.
This set of rules is not a comprehensive list of safety rules and guidelines for the use and ownership of Airsoft guns. Always check your local laws concerning Airsoft.