This is the Kyosho Caliber 30. The most impressive thing about this heli is the transmission. This is the first 30-class heli we know of to use belt drive for both the tail AND the main transmission. And it is the smoothest, least noisy transmission on any 30-50 size heli by a noticeable amount. The belt transmission also is pretty easy to set up compared to getting the gear mesh &perfect' on the pinion/gear arrangements. The other high points are significant also. The Caliber can - with no optional parts needed - be set up for ether mechanical OR electronic (CCPM) mixing. You will want to use CCPM if your radio allows it. The tail is a great design, with a dual pin slider that is pretty slop free - definitely better than the Raptor or Venture. The Caliber also is the only 30-50 class heli that includes as stock a boom mount for the tail servo. This has the undesirable side affect of making it very difficult to use a blade support for transport - be careful not to bend the TR pushrod or move the pushrod support when attaching the blade holder to the boom. The Caliber uses normal 30-sized blades instead of the tiny ones used on earlier Kysohos. They are 550mm with 4mm bolts, a set similar to raptor 30 blades is included in the kit.
- Made for Beginners
- Simple and Precise
- Easy to Assemble, Easy to Fly
- Easy to Adjust, Easy to Maintain
- High Performance and Safety
- Easy to Upgrade, Fun to Fly
- Frame, Mechanic
- EMS (Electrical Mixing Feature) is a standard feature, however by simply removing the included servo plate, conversion into MMS (Mechanical Mixing System) is possible. This means both types of radio systems can be used.
- No screwing or adjusting necessary due to use of Fixed Rods.
- Improved drive efficiency and mechanical noise reduction due to the use of 0.8 module main gear.
- Direct rudder control is equipped a standard feature and makes 180º auto rotations possible.
- Smoothness of plastic compound used makes cleaning easier.
- Engine Clutch
- L-Type engine mount allows the engine to be removed or mounted with the muffler still attached.
- Equipped with high power, low noise die cast muffler.
- High visibility large capacity fuel tank (340cc) allows easy fuel level confirmation.
- Newly designed clutch system greatly reduces the effect of engine vibration.
- Large fan on the upper part of the clutch enables the use of both low nitro or low oil levels.
- Rotor Head
- Simple inversion of the main rotor grips due to the stabilizer bar fulcrum mixing system, enables a wide range of setup options from entry level up.
- Improved safety due to the use of a 6mm spindle shaft.
- No need to be nervous about hard landings as Caliber 30 has an upgraded 10 mm main mast not normally used in this class of helicopter for added durability.
- Simply attach the high general performance, pre-balanced 550 mm main rotors and you will soon be flying.
- Tail Area
- Rudder Servo is mounted directly to the tail pipe. Maintenance friendly design allows repairs and servo removal etc. without losing trim settings.
- First S3M included for tail drive as standard feature in 30 class heli results in quieter and more reliable performance.
- Caliber 30 w/o Engine
- Length: 43.1 in.
- Width: 7.5 in.
- Height: 16.1 in.
- Weight: 6.4 lbs.
- Gear ratio: 9.615:1:5.0
- Main rotor: 48.4 in.
- Tail rotor: 9.4 in.
- Engine: 32 to 38 class
- Fuel tank capacity: 340cc
Required for Completion:
- 6-channel heli radio w/5 servos
- 6MM Hex Starter Shaft
- Electric Starter
- Silicone Exhaust Deflector
Be the First To Add a Review.
Please Sign In or Register to leave a Product Review.