regular price: $600.00
- Earn 1% back on qualifying purchases
- The more you shop, the more your earn
- Use your points for great HobbyTron deals
- Bonus points on special promotions
Out of Stock
5 Rating (0 Customer Reviews)
Save: $266.04 (41%)
Save: $70.00 (41%)
Save: $115.05 (77%)
Save: $59.00 (40%)
Save: $56.00 (41%)
Save: $110.00 (52%)
Save: $40.00 (57%)
Save: $133.00 (41%)
Save: $50.00 (33%)
Save: $560.00 (41%)
Save: $70.00 (41%)
Save: $77.00 (41%)
Save: $119.00 (41%)
Save: $45.00 (64%)
Save: $25.00 (56%)
Model Number: HPI858-C
The heart of the Savage truck line has always been a big blockengine with reliable and consistent power for tough off-road driving. Savage X continues that trend with the new HPI Nitro Star F4.1 engine. With revised porting and crankshaft, internal airflow has been optimized for increased power and torque. Extra cooling from a new finned crankcase helps keep the F4.1 performance at its peak.
- The low center of gravity chassis drops the engine, center gearbox and radio 5mm lower than the Savage 25, resulting in better handling and faster lap times. Grey anodized aluminum with a laser-etched "X" for custom looks.
- The redesigned radio box allows easier access to the radio gear and receiver pack, and provides extra room for electronics. Provisions for an optional battery level indicator and an optional charging jack are included. The "Easy-to-use" design completely eliminates the need for body clips.
- The center gearbox can be accessed without removing the chassis plates. Just remove six screws and the top case lifts off for quick and easy transmission maintenance. Access holes for the transmission allow shift point adjustment from the outside.
- Quick access to the front or rear differential by removing six screws. You can now access the front and rear diff for easy maintenance without disassembling the chassis plates or any part of the suspension. Just remove six screws from the front or rear of the car and you can take the diff out.
- The heavy-duty dual slipper clutch features dual slipper plates and a shock absorbing rubber pad for improved drive train durability.
- New lightweight suspension arms deliver quick suspension response and reduce the critical sprung weight and overall weight of the truck.
- Adjustable turnbuckles allow quick and easy adjustments of the front and rear toe in to fine tune the handling of your truck to suit your driving style and optimize it for the surface you're running on.
- New shock towers have three different shock mounting positions for a variety of suspension setups for maximum handling.
- Large 17mm metal alloy hex hubs hold the wheels securely and prevent the hex stripping the wheels under heavy load. 14mm hex hubs are also included for compatibility.
- Alloy inner cone provides more torque, better fuel economy and more sound dampening. The cone can be added or removed for fine tuning.
- The HPI Nitro Star F4.1 features a new crankcase and upgrades to the cylinder, piston, connecting rod and crankshaft. The F4.1 engine delivers more power, more torque and extra cooling.
- Roto Start 2 electric starting system.Start your Savage X quickly and easily with the updated Roto Start 2 electric starting system. It features a new case and to protect your engine it comes with a built in circuit breaker which cuts off in case of an overload (e.g. a flooded engine).
- New lightweight GT-2 tires with aggressive tread pattern for excellent all-terrain traction and long tire life. The new tire design reduces the weight significantly for better performance. To add cool looks, the GT-2 tires are mounted and pre-glued on Chrome Warlock wheels with tough 17mm hex hubs.
- Included in the box is an optional nylon roll cage which will help protect your engine and heat sink. It can be mounted with most Savage bodies, some extra cutting may be necessary.
- Wider, more aggressive body, with new graphics. Pre-painted with decals applied, trimmed, mounted... Ready to go!
The HPI Nitro Star F4.1 features a new crankcase and upgrades to the cylinder, piston, connecting rod and crankshaft. The F4.1 engine delivers more power, more torque and extra cooling.
Careful attention has been paid to maintain the tradition of Savage aftermarket support. Most of the new Savage X features are compatible with the long list of Savage aftermarket parts already available, and older Savage trucks can be upgraded to most of the exciting new parts found on the Savage X.